Thursday, 3 September 2015

Knee Arthroscopy

On Tuesday, I finally underwent the knee arthroscopy and medial menisectomy which I've been awaiting for a few months. The operation itself was decidedly untraumatic, thanks to the pharmaceutical heroin. The only slightly unpleasant feature of the episode was waking up to find a tube stuck down my throat. However, the nurse whipped it out pretty quickly, and I was wheeled back to the cubicle where my son Joe had been waiting for me, and after about 15 minutes with a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits I felt good to go, and was discharged pretty promptly. The very next day, which was yesterday, I walked the mile to the gym and lifted a ton of weights, then back home, picked up my laptop, and walked again the two miles to the library where I do most of my writing. This morning, I went to the gym again, and put in 30k over 90 minutes on the exercise bike, before putting in another day's writing at the library. I already walk almost without a limp, and my knee is no more than slightly tired. On this basis, minor knee surgery is something I warmly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest issue of the Sentinel Literary Quarterly, featuring my Sonnet 142

The latest issue of the SLQ has hit the stands. Its Sentinel Champions section features the winning entries for the SPM Publications May poe...