Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Facebook deleted

I have quite a fractious history with Facebook. I deleted it in January 2010 upon returning from a few months in Paris, and didn't rejoin until last December. Following my return, I made the unpleasant discovery that Facebook seems to have become a forum for juvenile and frankly toxic political ranting. I have found myself drawn into awkward and unpleasant disputes with friends of mine whom I previously considered to be intelligent adult human beings, now somehow transformed by Facebook into the most pathetic kinds of 5th form Marxists. I didn't want to see my friends diminishing themselves like this. And so, about two weeks ago, I quit. I don't think I'll ever go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest issue of the Sentinel Literary Quarterly, featuring my Sonnet 142

The latest issue of the SLQ has hit the stands. Its Sentinel Champions section features the winning entries for the SPM Publications May poe...